Being a bit of a fan of Johnson Tsang sculptures, I really wanted to give animating a bobble headed baby a try. The idea for the walk itself was, an infant has opened a Burger King meal and received one of those little cardboard crowns, genuinely believing he’s become a little king the sense of power has gone straight to his little head, as he struts his ‘stuff’ with his cardboard crown and a rattle (scepter).
My Critique so far…
- I like the overall character performance
- I like the touch of asymmetry in the arms, I feel it really creates a much more lively organic feel to the walk.
- The volumes are pretty consistant
- The feet and the hands worked quite well
- I feel i could of pushed the shape design a lot further.
- His left arm has been drawn too close to the body,
- the arcs and spacing for the swing of his manhood are too rough right now, just going to make it more work in cleanup.
- Too much movement in the lines of the chest.
- His Head is too ridged in the jowls.
- The head doesn’t feel quite in sync with the body, this could just be a little too much inconsistency in the lines of the neck